Almost all swimwear is made from a blend of polyamide and elastane. In our case, we use the more sustainable choice of Repreve which is made from recycled post consumer waste as well as ocean waste! Elastane is what gives swimwear its stretch and that buttery soft feel. The softer and more high quality your swimwear, the more extra love it needs to make sure your purchase has a long life cycle! We wanted to put together some tips based on our own experience, the recommendations from the fabric manufacturer, as well as suggestions we've found across many other bikini brands to help you know how to care for your sustainable swimsuit and keep it looking new for as long as possible. These practices are best for ALL of your swimwear, not just your Sun Bleached bikinis!
Please look at our "care" highlight on Instagram for more detailed information!
- Rinse immediately after use.
- Hand wash with a mild detergent in cold water only.
- If you must machine wash, wash on a delicate cycle with mild detergent.
- Always hang or lay out flat in the shade to dry.
- Do not tumble dry, dry clean, iron, or use bleach.
- Avoid contact with rough surfaces to avoid pilling of the fabric.
- High amounts of chlorine can ruin your bikini. Make sure to rinse immediately after use.
- Certain tanning oils, sunscreens, and fake tanning can stain or damage your bikini.